Сфера інтересів: невизначеність та ризик в економіці, симуляції соціально-економічних процесів, бюджетна система України, соціальна економіка і соціальна політика.
Викладає курси: мікроекономіка, державні фінанси.
Poverty and Income Mobility Analysis
Health Factor influence on Economic Growth
Power Energy Analysis and Modelling
Banking Risk Estimation
Impact of Foreign Direct Investments on Economic Growth
1984-1988 - Postgraduate course, Kiev University, Cybernetics Faculty, Economic Cybernetics Department, specialization 08.00.13 "Mathematical methods and using of computers in economic research, planning and managing of national economy and it's fields»
1974-1979 - University degree, Kiev State University, Cybernetics Department, profession "Mathematician", specialization "Applied Mathematics"
1988 - Candidate of Economic Sciences, Institute of Cybernetics of Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Supreme Attestation Committee of USSR
2005 - Supplement to diploma of Candidate of Sciences , stated the equivalence of academic degree of Candidate of Sciences to the Ph.D., Supreme Certifying Commission of Ukraine
1990 - Docent (Associate Professor), Institute of Qualification Increasing for Managers attached to the State Committee of Municipal Economy, Ministry of Education of USSR
2007-2010 - Professor of Department of Finance, Vice-Chair of Department of Finance, National University of " Kyiv-Mohyla Academy" (NaUKMA)
2006-2009 Associate Professor , Department of Finance University of " Kyiv-Mohyla Academy"
2003-2005 Director of Master's Program in Economics (Economic Education and Research Consortium, EERC) from NaUKMA, Associate Professor at " Kyiv-Mohyla Academy"
1990-1993 Associate Professor, Kiev University, Economic Faculty, Economic Cybernetics Department
1988-1990 Associate Professor, Institute of Qualification Increasing for Managers attached to the State Committee of Municipal Economy, Computer Sciences Department
2006-2010 EROC Affiliated faculty(supervisor of EROC aspirants, EROC Board member)
2006 Editor of the Journal of Economic Development (Journal of the Ukrainian Economics Association)
2005-2006 President of Ukrainian Association of Economists
2004-2006 Editor of the Journal "Magisterium: Economics", NaUKMA
2003-2010 International Advisory Board of Economics Education and Research Consortium (EERC)
2001-2010 Scientific Board of Economic Department, University of Kyiv Mohyla Academy
Lecture Courses (NAUKMA, EERC):
• Public Finance, MA Program in Finance, 2005-2010
• Microeconomic Analysis of Government Policy, Specialist Program (department of Economics), 2002-2004
• Microeconomics (Advanced level), MA Program in Economics, Economics Education and Research Consortium (EERC), 2002-2010
• Microeconomics (Intermediate level ), BA Program (department of Economics, Department of Finance), 2002-2010
• Mathematics for Economists, MA Program in Economics, Economics Education and Research Consortium (EERC),1996-1999
• Micro and macro-economic modeling, 1993- 1995
• Systems of processing of economic information, 1993-1995 рр.
• Operation Research, 1993- 1994
Science Conferences Participation:
2009 - XV Scientific Conference of professors and University departments, Kiev National Transport University, research presentation "Analysis of Expenditure Policy for Government Programs"
2007 - International scientific Conference «Paradigm of Social policy of Ukraine on the borders of two centuries», Kiev National Economic University by V. Getman, research presentation «Influence of Health factor on Economic Growth"
2006 - Research seminar «Modern approaches to economic education, Research and professional development", 19-20 May, Lviv
2006 - 3rd annual conference of EROC «Economic Theory: Innovation Methods of Teaching», NaUKMA, Kyiv
2004 - USA (RI), scientific presentation "Income Mobility and Inequality in Ukraine: Policy Implications ", International conference of American Economic Association
2005 - USA ,Indiana University, scientific seminar , research presentation "The Analysis of Monopolism in Ukraine: Economic Approach".
2001 - Certosa di Pontignano, Siena, Italy International School of Economic Research, XIV Workshop "Cognitive Processes and Rationality in Economics", 3-7 July
2000 - Indiana University, Bloomington,USA. Developing Skills in Evaluation Workshop (organized by the National Council on Economic Education)
1999 - Slovak Agricultural University@ Cornell University, NY,USA, Seminar " Application of Econometric Methods", Slovakia, Nitra
1997 - The Economics Institute, Boulder, USA, Summer School 1-2
1995 - Central Lyon School, France
1993 - First Slovakian Summer School of Economics, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Computers Using in Municipal Economy, Kiev, "Budivelnik", 1991 (with V.Kovalenko)
- The econometric approach to analisys of local budget finance program of Ukraine. – Kiev, Vydavnichiy dim ’KMAcademia’, 2000 (with Lukjanenko I. and Gorodnichenko U.)
- Economic Profession in Ukraine: tasks and possible ways of improvement (Blueprint), Educational Center «Consortium for enhancement of Ukrainian management education”, 60 pр., Kyiv, 2006 (with Zukhba D., Soldatova S.)
- The Neccesity of Economic Education Reforming in Ukraine and the Ways of Further Development of High Education Institutions. - In: "Economic Education in Ukraine of XXI Centure: State and the Perspectives of Development", CEUME, 2005, C. 101-111 (with Y. Naimushina and A. Masiuk)
- Public Finance Theory and Public Choice (monograph). Kyiv, NaUKMA Publish Centre, 2009, 109 р.
- Textbooks and manuals
- Econometrics. Textbook. Kyiv, Znanja, 1998 (with Lukjanenko I.), 493 P.
- Econometrics: workshop with computer using. Kyiv, Znanja, 1998 (with Lukjanenko I.), 217 p.
- Microeconomic Analysis of Goverment Policy/Lectures Course, KM Academia, 2003,
- Practical textbook on Microeconomics: tests, problems, case studies, exersies. Textbook, -Kyiv, KM Academia, 2005 (with Lukjanenko I.), 317 P.
- Теорія державних витрат та суспільний вибір. Монографія. Видавництво НаУКМА, 2009, 111 стор.
More than 60 publications
- Articles (selected)
- Evaluation of effectiveness of energy production and energy consumption in Ukraine- Naukovi Zapyski, V.15. Economics, KM Academia, 2000 (with D. Ostanin)
- Analysis and Modelling of Ukrainian Energy Sector- Naukovi Zapyski, V.18. Economics, KM Academia, 2000 (with O. Tkachova, in English)
- Econometric Models of Ukrainian Energy Sector- Naukovi Zapyski, V.19. Economics, KM Academia, 2001 (with O. Tkachova)
- Exchange Rate Determination and Dynamics Analysis. Naukovi Zapyski, V.20. Economics, KM Academia, 2002 (with Garmel K.).
- Optimization of transportation process in the auto enterprises of Ukraine. Ukrainian conference “Economic-mathematical methods of the management decision making at the modern stage”, Thesises, National Dnipopetrovsk University ans Economics Institute, Dnepropetrovsk, pp. 74-76, 2003 (with Shevchenko V.V.).
- Team-Teaching as the New Method at EERC MA Program in Ukraine, 10th Annual Teaching Economics Conference on Diversity in Teaching and Learning, July, New Zealand, 2003 (with I. Lukyanenko);
- Poverty Problems in Ukraine and its Solution, International Conference «Social Sector Reforming» Theses, Sankt-Petersburg, European University, November 28-29, 2003;
- Monopolism in Ukraine: Regional aspects. The 5th Ukrainian scientific-practical conference “Financial and economic problems of regional development in Ukraine”, Thesises, #2, October 26, 2004, pp.56-59 (with Zamrii Y.O.)
- Economic Analysis of Poverty in Ukraine, Magisterium: Economic Sciences, volume 14, KM Academia, Kyiv, pp. 26-31, 2004.
- Economic Analysis of Poverty in Ukraine: Theoretical issues, Naukovi Zapyski, V.30. Economics, KM Academia, 2004, pp.91-97 (with N. Ilchina).
- The Sosiety Transformation during Transition: Income Mobility in Ukraine/ Magisterium: Economic Sciences, volume 18, KM Academia, Kyiv, pp.19-35, 2005 (with Kuzmenko D.)
- Analysis of Monopolizm in Ukraine / Magisterium: Economic Sciences, volume 18, KM Academia, Kyiv, pp. 41-50, 2005 (with Zamrii Y.)
- The Empirical Study of Tax Evasion and its Determinants in Russia. / Magisterium: Economic Sciences, volume 18, KM Academia, Kyiv, pp. 77-87, 2005 (with Trehub M.)
- Economic Analysis of Poverty in Ukraine and in the world: Alternative Approach, In: "Visnyk SNAU: Finance and credit", Sumy National Agriculture University, #1, 2006, (with Povoroznyk B.)
- Overview of different approaches to poverty measurement: Ukrainian and world experiance, Vth International scientific-practical conference "Actual problems and prospetives of Ukrainian Economy Development", Thesises, Alushta, 2006.
- Assessment of Welfare by means of the “Asset Index” - In: "Visnyk SNAU: Finance and credit", Sumy National Agriculture University, #1, 2006, pp. 218-223 (with Povoroznyk B.O.)
- The importance of the Health Factor in Human Capital Formation in Transition Economics: Theoretical Aspects - In: "Visnyk SNAU: Finance and credit", Sumy National Agriculture University, #1, 2006, pp. 314-317 (with Podvisotska T.O.)
- Investigation the ffects of economic growth factors on the basis of longitude data models, NDFI Scientific works, Issue 4 (37), Ministry of Finance of Ukraine, 2006, с. 50-59 (with Tokarchuk T.V.)
- Empirical analysis of health factor effect on Economic Growth: case of transition countries // Sientific Issues «International Trade: Law and Economics », Ministry of Economics -Kyiv, № 2(31), pp. 89-94, 2007 (with Podvisotskaya T.O.))
- The importance of health Factor for labor forming in the transition countries - In: "Visnyk SNAU: Finance and credit", Sumy National Agriculture University, #2, 2007, pp. 314-317, (with Podvisotskay T.O.)
- Investigating The Role Of Health: Is It Really An Intangible Resource For Economic Growth? // Modelling and Analysis of Risk Safety in Complex Systems, International Scientific School МА BP, Russia, Sankt-Petersburg, STbUAP, 2007 (with Podvisotskaya T.O.)
- Empirical analysis of health factor and its using in social-economic indicatiors forcasting, VI International Scientific Conference «Modern problems and perspectives of Ukraine Economic development”, Theses, Alushta: Tavriya National University, 2007 (with Podvisotskaya T.O.)
- Factor Analysis Versus Principle Component Analysis in Case of “Infrastructural” Poverty Measurement / - Naukovi Zapyski, V.68. Economics, , pp. 34-40, KM Academia,, 2007 (with Povoroznyk B.O.)
- Composite Index of Public Health and its Influence on Economic Growth. XVIIIth International Symposium Research-Education-Technology, Gdansk, 26-27 June, 2008. (with Lukianenko I., Podvysotskaya T.)
- Estimating Poverty in Ukraine: Alternative Approach. XVIIIth International Symposium Research-Education-Technology, Gdansk, 26-27 June, 2008. (with Povoroznyk B.)
- Multi-factor Index of Public Health: empirical analysis and application in economic development of transition economies.- Journal of Konbin, Versita, Warshaw. Volume 4, Number 1/2008, DOI 10.2478/v10040-008-0015-9, p. 133-148. (with I. Lukianenko, T. Podvysotskaya)
- Prerequisites for Positive Impact of Foreign Direct Investments on Economic Growth (Warunki Wstępne DLA Pozytywnego Efektu Bezpośrednich Zagranicznych Inwestycji na Wzrost Gospodarczy) //Journal of Konbin, Versita, Warsaw, ISSN 1895-8281, Volume 14-15, Volume 14-15 / 2010, pp. 99-104, DOI 10.2478/v10040-008-0168-6, August 04, 2010 (with Iryna Lukyanenko, Yuriy Podvysotskiy)
Awards and Honours:
- 1998 - In recognition of the contribution in the economic science in Ukraine, information about author was included in the “Who is who in Social Sciences in Ukraine”;
- 2002- Gained certification recognizing teaching and research level as relevant to the Western professors from the International Advisory Board of the Economics Education and Research Consortium;
- 2003 – diploma for contribution to Kyiv- Mohyla Fellowship on reviving of “Kyiv- Mohyla Academy”
- 2004 - In recognition of the contribution in the economic science in Ukraine, information about author was included in the “Encyclopedia of the Taras Shevchenko National University”.
- 2007- diploma and medal for the personnel contribution in development of economic education “Economists of Ukraine. Leaders of national economy” from the Head of the Verhovna Rada, Committee of Ukraine on the questions of economic policy.
- 2008 - Award of a scholarship fund Raiffeisen Bank Aval for fruitful scientific and pedagogical activities (Winner of the 2007-2008 school year) Fellowship. W. Getman
- 2010 - Award of a scholarship fund Raiffeisen Bank Aval for fruitful scientific and pedagogical activities (Winner of the 2008-2009 school year) Fellowship. W. Getman